Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A unique experience



Day 2 -2nd Oct 03 – YMCA Hotel Going To Tochigi City

I had a goodnight sleep as I was very tired. This day would be anther exciting day as we were going to another city called Tochigi and spent a night. Since mum and I did not hear clearly that we were only spending a night there, we packed more clothes. After breakfast that morning, we got ready as we were to catch a train to Tochigi city. From YMCA hotel, we took 2 taxis to the Angkasa train station. It was around the city.

When we arrived at the Angkasa train station, there was a shopping complex beside it. There were many Japanese people around the place and before going up to the station, there were 2 escalator at the both sides of a big staircase. I thought to myself, “how do we (Non and I on the wheelchair) go up” and before I knew it, there were 2 Japanese guards’ in their uniform got a steel plank ready to bring us up the escalator. They stop the escalator and pushed me up a steel plank.

When the escalator started moving, one of the guard’s was holding my wheelchair from behind and another in front of me. It was my very first experience going up the escalator in such a unique way. I have never imagined it would be so safe. When we arrived at the top of the stairs, Ai Na showed me (beside the escalator) there was a button to call for the guard. This is a very good and interesting idea that Malaysia should lay down this law.

We did not know that we had to travel from one place to another so mum brought 2 heavy bags and it was the heaviest of all. The rest of them only carried one bag pack, but we had two. Can you imagine how embracing we were to let others carry our heavy bags?

To be continue...

No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...