Thursday, September 15, 2005

An afternoon with new friends





It was Saturday afternoon when Kuan Aw asked Yeap and I out. The meeting was at Gurney Plaza, Coffee Bean. The intention of both of us coming out was to meet another 2 new disabled friends who are on wheelchairs too. It was such a small world that the new friend (a young Malay guy) Shahid was Derrick (my colleague's) friend.

Shahid in his 20's seems to be an a very active and out-going guy.. I didn't get to talk much because not far from Coffee Bean, there was a mini concert and it was very noisy. Even though he sat just opposite me, I couldn't hear much of what he said . But he is a nice guy. He is now studying in USM but will be going to England to further his studies. I know he will definitely have a great further ahead.

Another friend was Alfred, he came slightly late. I didn't talk to him at all, but what I know he's working at Intel dealing wth computer. He was a quiet guy or maybe I didn't know him that much yet. Both of them have good life ahead.I really admired people like them.

I had a nice time getting to know them though it was only a short period of time. I hope I would be able to continue keeping in touch with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne,

Wish we could be there to join you all in the nice M'sia sunshine again! How's the transport? Did any of you attend the Disabilty Conference for 9th Malaysian Plan in KL last March? Our warmest regards to all of you from UK.

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...