Friday, September 30, 2005

Jane, a young pretty girl

I met an 18 year old pretty disabled Indian girl together with her lovely Mum at Mac.Donald in Gurney Plaza last Sunday. Jenani is her name, but she prefered to be called Jane. Her Mum, Patricia brought her to meet me as she wants Jane to mix with more friends and also come out to the outside world.

It was my first time meeting both Patricia and Jane. I didn't know who to expect when I waited at Mac.Donald until they arrived, then I found out they were friendly and pleasant family, especially Patricia. Jane's dad was very quiet sitting at the back, but he left us after a while to meet his son.

I talk to Patricia and Jane for nearly an hour before my other friends joined me. Jane was a soft spoken girl who seldom mix with the outside world. When I see her and talked to her, I recalled my young day when I was as shy as Jane. I continue asking Jane things but she didn't talk, so I talk to Patricia as she keen to let her daughter come out mix with friends. For myself, I don't have many friends, so I couldn't introduce Jane to any clubs or groups.

I asked Jane one thing, do you like to work and she nodded, Patricia didn't discouraged her instead she was very encouraging. I introduced her to Eden Handicap Service Centre, the place where I work. I told them I need to arranged with my boss the time date and for them to meet.

On Wednesday, Patricia and Jane came for the interview. Within an hour my boss (Bertie) gave Jane a job as a clerk in the Recycle Unit. The same evening, Jane sms me saying that she was happy that she got a job. I was really happy that I had helped someone in time when they were desparate for help.

No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...