Friday, September 09, 2005

Easy Access




GURNEY PLAZA is a very suitable and convenient shopping mall for disabled to visit as it has all the disability access. Mostly of the weekend my disabled friends hang-out there as we, wheelchair users can move around the place very easily.

Before entering into the mall, there is a slight slop where my friends and I needed to be wheel up as their hands are not strong enough. After going into the mall we are free to wheel around the whole mall without any difficulty

There are few lifts’ inside the mall which are equip with disabled friendly, as the buttons are low enough for us to press. These lifts’ are only at the ground floor.

The disabled toilets are situated at every floor. Some of the toilets are slightly bigger as they are situated at corner of the mall, but most of them are in the middle, between ladies' and gens' toilets. They are all equips with railings by the side. But the biggest and cleaners toilet I could find is on the 7th floor, where the cinemas’ are situated. There are railing at the side and the wash basin is low for wheelchair uses.

This is why my disabled friends and likes to hang out in this mall. There are no steps or ramps and it’s very easy for wheelchair user to access everywhere in the mall except the ground floor where there all the restaurants. There is one step up into the restaurant but outside they have tables and chairs for anyone who wants to enjoy the fresh air. Most of the time friends and I always sit outside.

All I can say is Gurney Plaza shopping mall is very disabled friendly.

No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...