Friday, September 16, 2005

Suffering people come for exercises


Physiotheraphy Department at Penang General Hospital is always full with patients. Every Thursday morning I would go there for my exercises. I see lots of people with all type of cases like accidents cases, people with strokes and many elderly people (mostly women) suffering from knee trouble. Pratically, everyone who goes for physio department for exersices are suffering in one way or another.

There are 3 to 4 physiotherapies attend to all these patients'. The theraphies would advice the new comers on what to do and later leave them to do the exerices themselves and attend to other patients. As I'm there alone to do my exercises, most lf the people who already knows me as I'm ther for the 1 past year. Most of these people are regular patients' who comes every week with relatives, friends or even their maids. When I needed help, I would call for them especially in getting up and down from the bed. Some of them even concern and curious about me condition and they talk to me.

Just like yesterday, when I had some difficulty in pushing my wheelchair, a lady came to my help. When another lady saw me, she offers her help to put my card in the counter.

I made friend with an old uncle who arein his late 70's. He is staying in Penang Home (an old folk home). He goes for exercise to strengthen his leg as he had a fall not long ago. I haven't seen Uncle Leong these the past 2 to 3 weeks. Few weeks earlier, when I met Uncle Leong outside the physio room, he told me he had skin problem. I believe he went for his check-up. Yesterday, when I was about to go back, I saw the van take Uncle Leong and his friends's home.

This 1 year, I met lots of people in the physio department. I know these people will improve as they come for their regular exercises and do not give even though there's a lot of pain they have to go through. The only thing, they must never give up and continue to preserve.

No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...