Monday, March 16, 2020

Interview at JKM

Tuesday,  25 February 2020

This morning I went to Jabatan Kebajikan Masyarakat (welfare office) in Complex Masyarakat Penyayang for the yearly interview for OKU Eluan Pekerja Cacat (monthly working allowances for people with disablities)

Last Friday, I received a letter from JKM to fill in the form and I have an interview on a date today.

Janice always fills in the form for me. Before I went today, I pray to God that the welfare officer don't ask me too many questions.

When I entered their office and submit my form, I saw a male officer interview a disabled man and asked him many questions. There were few others waiting for their turn. In my heart, I kept praying that they will keep their questions short for me.

I was waiting for my turn to be called, a Malay lady staff came in front of me and said to me "Lim Seok Ean, Kamu boleh balik" (you can go back). I was surprised and felt relief at the same time that they don't need to interview me.

While pushing out, I felt so and thank God answered my prayers. He answers more than what I have prayed. I called Janice to fetch me, while waiting outside I saw other disabled people still came for the interview.

It may be a small deal to many, but it's quite a big deal to me. I prefer not to talk so much with the welfare officers.







No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...