Monday, March 30, 2020

Boccia Training

Thursday. 26 March 2020

Activities in 2019
       
Ever since I stopped playing Boccia in 2015, due to my sickness, I have never stopped my interest in playing the game. Instead, I kept telling my close disabled friends and teachers, I miss the game so much.

I never knew God gave me another chance to play again in 2019 after I recover from my sickness in 2018.

Beginning of 2019, I asked our new coach, Can I come for training and participate in the competition again. He said can and asked me to find a helper to help me pick up balls during training sessions twice a week. Our boccia training held at the Spastic Centre hall.

My coach in return agreed to help me find a personal helper during our outstation competition.

Before I started my training, I searched/asked around relatives and friends who would be able to help assist me to pick up my balls. I kept searching and prayed that someone would be able to help me. Thanks to God, my friend told me her niece was willing to help for a few months while waiting to enter into college

Our training was twice a week, Wednesday (afternoon) and Saturday (morning). When I started for my training, I was happy and pleased to meet Jia Wen (the girl who help me) at the Spastic Center.  I was also happy to meet my Boccia friends again after so many years. There were many new young players' I met during our training session. I started knowing and befriend them.
Jia Wen was a kind-hearted and friendly person. She helped with me every session of my training.

She also befriended with my friends' during our training. She helped me until March 19' when she had to enter college in Kuala Lumpur. Before she left, she introduced me to her cousin Run Yin who was willing to continue helping me. I was happy that there was still someone to help me. Run Yin helped me for two months before she entered college in Penang.

I was very thankful to God for these two girls' who helped at the starting of my Boccia training. From then I was without a helper, but I asked anyone in the Boccia team to help me pick up the balls. I was thankful they helped me.

No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...