Saturday, March 28, 2020

Julie's Sickness


Saturday, 21 March 2020
 
26 Dec 2019, Julie started having fever for more than 5 days. At the same time, she had a urine virus infection. She often face with this urine virus infection as was she was on a urinary catheter.

As Julie's condition was very weak and we had only part-time maid at that time, Janice didn't bring her to GH but instead went to a nearby private clinic to get the necessary medication including antibiotics for her urine infection.

Ever since Julie took the antibiotic which lasted for one week, she slowly lost her appetite. She ate only bread and other simple food. She could still talked, chatted and laughed as she beside me in my room. We talked about her favorite boyband, Backstreet Boys.

As day and weeks past by, she got weaker and there were a lot of phlegm in her throw. She slowly unable to eat and swallow solid food. As she couldn't eat, we spoon-feed some milk together with daily medication. When her condition worsened, she was unable to talk and her eyes kept closed yet knew things around her. 

A week before Julie enter emergency-GH, she had fever up and down for the second time. Because of that, Janice and Cheryl (my niece) took her to the emergency. At that same time, she had hard breathing too.
When the doctor in emergency tested her, she had low pressure and hard breathing, they immediately sent her to ICU. 

Julie was in ICU that whole afternoon with an oxygen mask, no one was allowed to stay with her. Janice gave the doctor her contact number and came home. Mum and I kept praying for her.  

During dinner time, the doctor from ICU called Janice and wanted to meet family members. We thought it was bad news. Janice and Cheryl went and the doctor says they are giving her a type of antibiotic her phlegm/ breathing. They would be admitting Julie to the ward that night for further tests.

The next day, during lunchtime (visiting hours), Janice, Mum, and Cheryl visited Julie in the ward.  The doctor told them Julie had lung virus infection and internal bleeding due to her gastric.  When they told me about Julie internal bleeding, I was shocked to hear about it because it turned to be so serious.

Luckily I visited her that evening. When I saw her condition, I was deeply saddened. Thank God for bringing her "home" peacefully without much more suffering.

Many times when Julie fell sick, she would recover again. Never thought this time she would not. I was waiting for her to be strong again. We can talk and laugh, she would accompanying me to my room. Never thought she would leave me that day.


I lost someone who is very close to me. I miss her very much
She has been sitting beside me in my room every day
I miss her talking and laughing with me
I never thought she will leave just like that...
In my mind, my sister is still alive.

Though now it's over two months she passes away, 
I still asking God "why take her away"
I miss her sitting beside me and her happy, cheerful voice talking to me.
Now as I'm alone in my room, I have no one to accompany me.
No one will understand my present feelings.
Only God knows and understands.







No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...