Saturday, March 21, 2020

My last goodbye

Wednesday, 18 March 2020
      

It's has been more than a month since Julie pass away, but the memory was like she is sitting by my side yesterday. Chatting and laughing with me in my room.

I last saw her was in the ward C5 (General Ward)-GH in the evening when Janice dropped me and mum to visit her Her face was so pale and fragile with an oxygen mask on her face and all the tubes on her hands and legs. Mum and myself were there for two hours, we kept praying for her silently. We called and talked to her but her eyes close all the time, I know she could listen to us

As her condition was more serious, her bed was nearby to the nurses' desk. Few nurses were attending to her, while we there. When I was there beside her, I felt like hugging and kissing her, but I was unable too as she was on oxygen mask and tubes. What I did hold her hand.

After 2 hours, we spent our time with her. It was time for us to home (it was near dinner time too). I told Julie softly, we will go and see you tomorrow. It never occur to me or come to my thoughts, that evening was my last goodbye to my darling sister.

At 9 pm that night, the doctor called Janice that Julie was very serious. Janice, mum and 3 nieces (came back for CNY). All of them rushed there, but it was too late. When they arrived she was already gone. The nurses had wrap Julie up in white cloth.

When Janice came home and told me the news, my heart fell apart, but I was unable to cry but felt very sad. I kept thinking the last time I saw her and she would never be coming home again! 


No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...