Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Partridge Publishing S'pore

Wednesday 12 Feb 2020

Fri 7/2/2020 I was checking on where I could find publishing company in Malaysia on the Google where they can publish my life story.  I emailed/whatapps to a publishing company in KL called The Inspiration Hub but there were no response from them.

Then a website caught my eyes, which was "Choose Your Publisher". Trying my luck, I summit in my name.

Sat 8/2/2020 On that evening, I received an email from Partridge Publishing Singapore saying they will be contacting me. I didn't take it seriously as that was an auto email.

Mon 10/2/2020 In the morning, I was slightly surprised to receive an email from Gerry Young (Partridge Publishing). He wrote quite a long email about himself and his company.  He said he is going to be my personal guide to publish my story. Shortly after that, I email him and showed him my blog and he was keen to help and guide me.

We correspond throughout the day and he wanted to called me. I make a time for him to call me in the evening

That evening Gerry Young called me. Funny though, I knew he was a man, but when I  heard his voice, he sound like a women. I guess it was like problem as he called from international line. We chat more than half an hour. He explained the whole program package to me and that whole week they will be giving me 30% discount. I ask him to put into writing for me. It was quite hard for me to understand what he said. I asked him to email me (in black & white) for me to understand more clearly.

That evening, I received an email proposal from him. I read through and I understand about at it. The next morning, I asked Janice to read through, she hesitate about it. She said will ask around, find out more about this company.

That same morning, Mr. Gerry sent me another email saying they will give me 40% discount for that day only if I signed up with them. I didn't reply him as it was too fast for me to accept it.
We knew he was pushing me to accept his proposal. Later that day after lunch, he called me again.

This time Janice was in my room, so I asked her to talk to Gerry. Janice couldn't understand much what he said and the phone line broke off. We were slightly shocked he was called from Philippines. He called but the line couldn't connect through. We knew something was not right.

He kept calling me, but I didn't answer his call as I was resting that time too. Later he send me an email explaining about his office and printing where about. He wanted Janice to understand it too. From then, I didn't take him seriously.

Janice help me to check other local publishing company too. I, my part also check up on goggle the local company and I email to them.

We also asked friends' if they know of any companies. I email to a few companies, but none of them reply.

I do not dare to accept Partridge offer as this is my first time finding an editor/publish. I would like find local publishers. Patridge Publishing still emailed me for other offers but I just ignored it.

Dear God, you know my heart. please help me to find an editor/publisher, so I can share YOU in my life story with others'


No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...