Wednesday, March 18, 2020

My check-up at Psychiatrist-GH



Tuesday, 10 March 2020


This morning I went for my regular check-up at psychiatrists department 102. Mum pushed me to the 1st floor where I put my appointment card in the counter box, From there, I asked to mum pushed me to the Neuro department (104) which was on the same floor, but it was on another side.

When I reached the Neuro department, but there were no doctors inside,  but only one nurse sitting at the counter. I ask the nurse that I want to repeat my medication. She told me the doctors only come to see patients' in the afternoon. I saw Dr. Eow Gaik Bee was in the room. I approached her but she was very busy at that time. Without saying much, I left my card there and went back to psychiatric. I waited for my name to be called to take my number and blood pressure.

Within 15mins, my name was called. Mum took my number and pushed me to the back of the clinic to take my blood pressure. There were only a few patients lining up to take their blood pressure and weight. After finishing my turn, mum pushed me back to the front seat and wait for my turn to go into to see the doctor.

There was a big aquarium on the side of the sitting area. I sat beside the aquarium as not to block the passageway. The big white fish was starring at me, there were few others' small fish swimming around too. When watched the fish swimming around, I wished to be like them swimming here and there.

I wrote my journal while waiting for my name to be called. I waited for so long before the doctor called me in. Many patients went in came out before me.

At last, the doctor called me in. He asked me how was I feeling, I told him, I wasn't feeling too good inside (emotionally). We talked and discussed, and he decided to give me a new medication to try on.

After explaining the new medication to me, I came out and mum was waiting for me outside. We went to the main pharmacy, there was a long queue so mum took a number but didn't wait to collect my medication as I needed to go home urgently to ease myself. 

There was an OKU toilet near to the pharmacy, but I was unable to use it as toilet flush was spoil. It was also dirty and smelly.
  
I called Janice to pick us up. In the afternoon, she would collect my medication together with a list of my medications from the Neuro department. Before they went to GH, Janice called Neuro if the doctor has written the medication.

Thank God, it was ready and can be collected. Janice went again to collect all my medication.

Thank you, God, for giving a caring and loving family who help me in times of difficulty.


No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...