Sunday, March 08, 2020

Julie Wake Prayers/ Funeral Mass

                  Mon, 27 January 2020
           
                                                        

In the afternoon, Julie's body was brought back from GH mortuary and the undertakers' dress up Julie and did everything else for her. Then they transferred her to the funeral parlour of Immaculate Conception Church. When everything was settled they came back.

I just came back from my trip from Genting/Ipoh. Luckily Janice was at home then, to open lift door and wheeled me up. Mum was resting when I came back. When she heard my voice, she woke up to helped me.  There were lots of food and biscuits I brought home and Janice help keep everything in order. After having some light tea, mum helped me bath and I went to rest

Mum told me Julie's face was pretty and peaceful.

We adjourned to IC Church funeral parlour for Julie's wake prayers at night. Fr. Marshall was the first person sitting alone talking to Julie. He was waiting for our arrival. I was happy to see him
He sat awhile with me before others' came. There were few of Janice friends' who came before prayers too.

When I attend relatives' wake, I hardly wanted to go near the coffin to pay respect to them. But it was very different with Julie, I asked my niece to wheeled inside and help me to stand up to see her.

There I saw my daring sister lying so peacefully inside the white coffin with small angels' at all sides of the coffin and the room was beautifully decorated. I wanted to see her face and talked to her more, but other friends came in to pay their last respect.

Our church group members BEC 11 & 12, our relatives, cousins & friends slowly came in. There were food served to all of us.

BEC 11 and 12 church group stared the evening with songs, prayers, and rosary from our
After the prayers finished, everyone was served with a plate of Koay Teow and a bowl of sweet drink. We gathered, eat and talked. Everyone who came comfort me, but they don't understand my feelings on how missed someone so close to me

We were happy and pleased many people came to support us.
                                                      
                                           
Tuesday, 28 January 2020

Mum and myself woke up quite early that morning. We prepared our ourselves and were ready. But Janice told us to leave the 10.20am, but when she brought us down to into the car park was over 10.30am. When driving to church, Janice received few calls from relative and friends saying the priest was waiting for us (family members) for prayers, before adjourn into the church. We rushed there, but traffic jam near the church, but manage to church as fast as possible

When we arrived at the church car park, an aunt and my cousin came to help us. They wheeled me and helped mum (lead her) to funeral parlour. I was so surprised everyone had arrive except the (we) family member. They wheeled me and mum followed together inside the funeral parlour where the prayers started in less than 5mins. Janice and family stood outside together with relatives and friends.

Our priest said 10mins prayer before we adjourn into the church. They took Julie's hearse to the front porch of church. All of us slowly walked behind hearse, while sang a few songs. We went into the we family members sat in front.

The mass was around 45mins. After finished, they wheeled the hearse to the front porch. All of us, one by one took turns to say goodbye to Julie. My brother in law helped me to stand up and say my last goodbye to Julie. After that, they closed up the coffin and all of us close relatives and friends adjourn to Batu Gatung. While I was at the front porch, I met my friend, Maureen Muthu from Sungai Petani. I was touched as she came out all the way just to attend Julie's funeral.

It took more than 20mins drive there. It was my first time to Batu Gantung Crematorium. I always heard of that place but never been there. There were 5 cars follow the hearse. When we reached the place, we thought there was only staircase. We found a ramp beside the crematorium. Few men who handle the hearse wheeled me up the ramp.

All of us stood in front of Julie's coffin, a lady communion minister said a prayer of blessing and we sang a few song before the coffin was drag into the fire. A few of us cried. I felt extremely sad inside me, but I wasn't able to cry out. Inside my heart, I was crying.

Before we disperse, we were served with cakes and plain bottle of drink. Janice thanked everyone for coming and supported us. She invited them to join us for lunch. Some went back, but my cousins' family and few of BEC 12 close friends' joined us

We adjourned to 747 Restaurant to have lunch. Janice had book 2 tables. When we arrived there were many cars outside. As it was the fourth day of Chinese New Year the restaurant were packed with people. All tables were full until we had difficulty finding place to sit. At last, there were 2 tables for us.  It was quite difficult for me to get in as the place was crowded. Luckily manage to slowly wheel me in.

We ate rice and a few dishes. Mum sat with her BEC group friends, together with my cousin and his family. Our table has less than 10 persons. While eating, I observed people from other tables' were enjoying their luncheon with their family and friends'.  A few tables not far from ours', the people were enjoying string their dish which was Yee Sang to bring them good luck and prosperity

We couldn't finish our food, so we took home our leftover. While mum's table finished all their food. We chatted among each other while eating and after luncheon. Around 2pm, all of us disperse and went our way.

No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...