Saturday, August 20, 2005

Life Goes On


FEAR OF DEATH is everyone’s nightmare. People seldom like to raise this topic, as losing their love ones is a great tragedy. But this is a fact that no one can avoid.

It is especially fearful for the severely disabled because they are mostly dependent on their parents for support, care and help.

Like me, I tend to have this great fear in me of losing my parents one day. As a severely disabled person I need my parents care all the time, though at times I can do certain things myself.

Not me alone, I also think of my future my youngest sister (Julie) as she is disabled too, but she is worst than me. She couldn’t do anything herself, all have to depend on my parents. It’s not the same as for me I can at least do part of the daily things myself and I’m working too. I thank God I can do certain things I do myself instead of depending on my parents completely.

I have share my fears with my mum many times, but her words are always the same TRUST IN GOD, HE WILL TAKE CARE OR YOU. Despite what my mum had said to me, I still fear of my future. Many times I think and plan of going into a Disabled Home, but most of the Homes caters only for physically disabled where they are independent in doing everything themselves.

To your surprise, I even wrote in to couple of Homes asking whether they would take me in. None of them reply back. You must think I’m crazy in doing such thing, asking to get into a Home when you still have your parents to care for you.

Do you know why I’m making such plans? I have the fear that one day I will lose my parents and no one will care for me. Though I have got an eldest sister (Janice) who loves me very much, I don’t think she would be able to care for me as she has a family to care for. So, I don’t think I can depend on her in everything. That is why I’m starting to find a Disabled Home now, but I don’t think this plan can work for the time being as I’m not independent.

I wish and pray that one day the government will build a Home for the severely disabled people. I heard from a friend of mine that there are a group of disabled in Malaysia who are planning for a Home (independent living) for the severely disabled. How far it’s true, I don’t know. If this plan it’s really true, I can be very happy. Now I can just pray and hope that this plan will come to real and the government would implement on this plan.

For now, I don’t want to think that much or else it would drive me crazy. Let God take care of my youngest (Julie) sister and I. We are His precious children, so I shouldn’t be afraid losing my parents one day. I have to put my trust in God in taking care of us.

Whatever happens to our parents, we still have carry on living. We cannot give up just because our parents are gone. We have to move on and lead our life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Anne:
goooood work..
keep going

Philip

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne - good to see you sharing your thoughts - You are still pondering on the subject of independent living? With your circumstances, I think you cope very well, carry on the good work and you are often in the thoughts of the friends who met you last year from the UK.
Small world! you may be hearing more connections soon... as we bumped into some our country folks who are interested in the subject of disability too. Send our regards to those we met in our brief visit last year. - friends from UK

Anonymous said...

To Anne…

Place yourself
In the hands of God
Make some plans
But trust His will.
Do not worry
About tomorrow
Take delight in today
And do not dismay
As it is the most precious.
Enjoy the company
Of those dearest to you
Now, not later
For having a loving family
Is the greatest healer.
And when tomorrow comes
Dearest Anne,
Leave it in God’s
Capable hands.

Helen Yeo
Sept 2005

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne,
You are more independent and stronger than you think you are and getting stronger each day....Keep up the fighting spirit!I know that no matter what happens, you will be able to pull through...Have faith in God and have faith in yourself!

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...