Wednesday, November 02, 2005

An evening with the students

At 5.30pm, we had an Orientation at our hotel. I had only a short time to rest and Mum didn’t even had any rest, she took a bath before we adjourned to the second floor to meet. Since we were the last to enter to room, I was shock to see the conference room was full of people. I didn’t expect that there would be so many people attending the meeting together with the Korean and Thai group and our group from Malaysia.

There were students and many important people gathered round a big table. After we arrived, few Japanese men introduced each one of us to everyone and share with us the programmers for the whole week. Ai Na translated to us so that we don’t miss out on anything. The meeting lasted only about 15mins then we adjourned to dinner. It was so fun at the dinner room as there were many people gathered together. The Koreans had separated to 2 groups. There were had 9 people altogether, 3 disabled friends on the wheelchairs and their helpers and translators.

We had buffet that evening, a lot of food and drinks were served to us. There was beer (drinks) too. It was funny when I took 1 glass, Ai Na was so surprised to know I drink. I felt quite bored that evening because I don’t know all the people there and I couldn't converse with anyone of them. I was asked to sit with the students but none of them speak English so I went back to my table where our Thai friends were sitting. At least I felt comfortable when I was with them as they knew some English and we could converse. After dinner, we were introduced to some volunteers who are helping us during the seminar day. They were very kind and polite as they kept on bowing to us and we bowed back at them.

After dinner all of us went back to our rooms. I was disappointed to see the toilet as it was so narrow that even my small wheelchair couldn't enter the toilet door. There was also steep step before getting into the toilet. Anyhow, mum and I struggled our way thru it and we pray for God’s help with my toileting and washing up. I have never seen such a narrow toilet before.

After washing up, I dropped dead on the bed as my whole body was killing me at due to sitting to the whole day. I had an interesting first day touring the town and seeing different people, culture and languages.

To be continue...

No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...