Thursday, November 03, 2005

Lunch with our mentally disabled friends



A big bus was waiting to take us to a school for the mentally disabled friends and the pretty lady followed us. It was especially hard for me to get into the bus as it was high and narrow. 2 to 3 people had to carry me. The journey to the school took more than 15mins, we had to go through a paddy field before reaching the school.

It was lunchtime, when we reach their school and we were invited for lunch with the children. Before entering, each of us (except me and Non) had to take off our shoes as it was the custom in the school. But the nicest thing was, there was slippers’ place ready for all of us. it was not for us but everyone who come to their school

All the children were already waiting for us, as we were slightly late. The young lady who followed us turned out to be one of the teacher’s in their school. When we arrived, the principal, teachers and other staff greeted us. We were separated with the Thai group we went into a classroom to have lunch with the children. One of the teachers’ introduced us to the children when we enter the classroom. I was quite surprised to see all of them (about 12 of children aged between 16 to 18) behave themselves very well. All of us sat in a circle with desk and chairs. It was really nice being with them. I notice that they were very discipline as after lunch, they washed and clean up themselves.

To be continue....

No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...