Saturday, December 31, 2005

Goodbye 2005, Hello 2006!


























2005 flies extremely fast. Before I knew it, it's the last day of the year. This year has been a good year for me, though there were some months when I was sick and down.

I was really happy that I got the chance to visit Kuala Lumpur 3 times this year. That was the best time for me, though this 3 trips was very tiring for me.

The first time was in 22-23 April 05 when I went with my expupil friends from Spastic Centre. We spend 2 days and 1 night at Hotel Maluri. We went down by a tour bus a there were 40 of us, (disabled friends, family memebers, teachers and volunteers). The places we visited were Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC) shopping mall, Petronas Twin Tower, Kuala Lumpur Tower, Science Centre and a drive to Putrajaya.

At Petronas Twin Tower, we went up until 44th floor, where the bridge was. The view from the bridge was absolutely beautiful. I never imagine myself up there till that very day. Everything was so thiny when I looked down. After caming down, we went to KLCC shopping mall. The things were very expensive, what we could do was window shopping. At night we visited KL Tower which we went up to the 88th floor (at the very top) The beautiful scenery of KL city lights was amazing! The next day we visited the Science Centre and before we leave for Penang, we took a drive to Putrajaya.

My 2nd trip to KL was in 22-30 July 05 for nine days for Boccia training and a friendly tournement with Hong Kong team which consists of 6 disabled friends, all on wheelchairs. Boccia is similar as Lawn Ball, but Boccia is a sport for Cerebral Palsy (disabled friends) who are on wheelchairs and can cordinate with hands and our mind. Recently Boccia sport open a category for non Cerebral Palsy, that is why I was choosen to enter this sport. I didn't regret or disappointed for not winning any medals, but I was happy that I gain more experience from the training and friendship KL, Johor and Hong Kong disabled friends.

My third trip was with my Faith & Light friends. We went down for the weekend on the 29-30 Oct 05 for a church Pilgrimage at St. Jude in Rawang. 6 friends and I went down by van (5 disabled friends and 2 able body friends). . The reason we went to KL was to joint with Petaling Jaya and Cheras community for the Pilgrimate. After the Pilgrimate, all of us adjourned to Templer's Park for a picnic. Both KL community cooked the food for that afternoon. There was a stream of river by the side where we were have our picnic. Some of our disabled friends and able body friends went down for a smim as it was a very hot day.

In the evening after dinner, few of my disabled friends requested to go to KLCC as they had never been there before. My friends wish was granted so all of us together with some KL friends. Inspite of my tiring body, I enjoyed the evening outing.

Even though all this outing maybe nothing to some people, but it was really a special time for me as I met and make new friends. I had a wonderful time. If it's GOD's will, I hope in 2006 I may able to go further than Kuala Lumpur. I love to travel and see places. The advanture is out there!

P/S : The photos were taken during Boccia training/competition and the Pilgrimate.

To be continue...

No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...