Friday, June 08, 2018

Great friends became enemies


There is one person I often think off. I knew her since childhood when I was 11 years old. At that time when I was at Spastic Centre (my disabled school). During rest time, she walked and stand by my side (she was 6 years old then). That was when our friendship started.

As smart kids, we were always in the same classroom. Everyday during rest time, she would come and talked to me. As our houses was nearby then, some weekends, her mum would dropped her at my house. We talked and played for few hours before her mum took her home. It was the same for me. My dad would dropped at her house too.

As we grew up, we became best friends' until adults. At the aged of 20, I left Spastic Centre, but she continued her studies to normal college. I was very happy for her. Every night after dinner, she would called me and we talked about an hour.

She would share with me many stories and tell me problems. On my side, I gave her a listening eat we talked and laughed.

I was happy she managed to finished her college life despite all the hurdled she faced. She was able to graduated and I was very proud of her.

When we were adults, we continue to chit-chat every night on  the phone. During festive time, she invited me few other close friends from Spastic Centre to her house for lunch or dinner.

Every weekends, 5-6 of  us closed friends spent time at the shopping mall together having lunch and shopping etc. It was really a great time for us all. After few of us had partners, we still meet at during weekends

As time passed, we had a group chat online. We talked about everything and anything, we had a great time together every night.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were such great friends until 2010 when my best friend and myself had a big fight over a personal matter. It was partly my fault. We quarreled a lot then. When we saw each other, we dislike each other. From then on, our friendship broke off.

Sometimes when we met at shopping mall, we don't talked at all. I talked very few word with other of my close friends. We were very cold to each other. As years passed by, each of went our own way. We hardly called each other too.

If I meet them in the shopping mall, I had some fear of talked to them. I would greet them with "hello" and smile to them. Few times, they invited me for lunch and I went. They talked happily, but I I kept quiet. I was afraid to talked to them in case I hurt their feelings again.

It had been 8 years since our friendship broke off. In the beginning we was really mad at them. When years passed, we cooled down, talked a bit when meet. My best friend and myself sadly were not like the friends before.

In our heart, we still miss and think of each other. I can feel that that in my heart, but our friendship couldn't like before again. Now, we still text each other sometimes.

I feel very sad when think of the great friends we were, specially my best friend and myself. The whole friendship was gone because of an argument.

At present, I'm not mad with her anymore. I still miss and think of her.







No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...