Saturday, June 02, 2018

Dedicate to my beloved dad - Pt 2


Though my dad loved me so much yet because of his attitude, I wasn't close with him at all. Frankly saying, I dislike him. Why??? Because he always said negative and discouraged me from doing many things. Sometimes he scolded/shouted at me in public. I was very angry inside my heart, but I didn't say anything to him. I cooled down slowly.


When dad discouraged me from doing things, mum was/is a positive person. She always fight for me and I got the things I wanted to do. My dad was a good/caring person, but I never could get along with him. He hurt me with his words.


I can say I'm an ungrateful daughter because he done so much for us yet I don't love my dad.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


In one morning of 2012, we found out his mouth pulled to one side. We thought he had a stroke, but his whole body limbs all could move very well. Janice brought him to Adventist Hospital for check up. He had to stay there for few days for complete check up. He had CT Scan and other tests too.

The doctors told Janice that my dad got a sickness called "Bell's Palsy" The below is a statement about Bell's Palsy. For your clearer understanding.


"Bell's palsy is a condition in which the muscles on one side of your face become weak or paralyzed. It affects only one side of the face at a time, causing it to droop or become stiff on that side. It's caused by some kind of trauma to the seventh cranial nerve. This is also called the “facial nerve"







Janice told us many people got this sickness too, but slowly they got well. Janice brought dad to Chinese massage of his face for few times. Dad wasn't a strong person as he easily gave up.


He was an active person before (going out here and there). After he got Bell's Palsy, he didn't want go anywhere or do anything. He didn't even want to do any exercise. What he wanted was lie in bed. It was really sad to see him like that. Everyone in the family encouraged him to exercise, but he scolded us. He didn't even wanted to watched TV or listen to radio (music)


He didn't want to eat solid food and he didn't want to use his mouth muscle to chew his food. Instead he requested porriage lunch and dinner. 

When we encouraged him to eat solid food for strength, he scolded each of us. So, we left him to eat whatever he liked.He became thinner and weaker each day, as he didn't want to do anything.

My dad suffered Bell's Palsy for 2 years, but he could walked around and did his daily chores. He never disturbed any of us. Other than bell's palsy, he didn't suffered any other sickness except high blood pressure. He got weaker and weaker. He fell down many times too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


In the evening of 20 June 2014, mum and Julie was by his by side on the bed. They thought dad was resting until our maid went into their room.She touch my dad's leg and it was cool.  She told mum "Sir has passed away". I was in my room, she rushed and said :"called Janice  papa has passed away". 

We were all in shocked and panicked. My heart beat like so fasted while I called Janice. She came up very fast. I went into mum's room and and saw kept called dad to waked up, but there were no respond from him. He was gone.

Our GOD was really good as HE took my dad "home" peacefully in his sleep with much suffering.

That evening was very busy and noisy in my house as called GH doctor to checked and gave a cert to confirm his death. Janice and her husband were specially busy made a lot of calls arranged for people to bring my dad out from our house and arranged church place. All this happen till mid night.

We had wake service and church funeral mass for him. During the 3 days, many relatives and friends' came to his wake and funeral. We were all very busy that 3 days.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Even though it had 4 years since dad death, I can still remember very clearly the incident happen. Specially those words "called Janice papa had passed away" will be in memory for a long time.

Though I didn't got along well with my dad, yet I missed and think of him often.

I dedicate this post to my beloved dad. Thank you for loving me so much.

We know you are sitting in heaven happily.


I miss you , dad!!!

No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...