Saturday, May 12, 2018

Sickness from 2015 -2018



In 2015 - 2018 me and Julie (my sister) suffered a lot of sickness. I feel sad when I thought about it. I tried my best to stop thinking, but I couldn't. Ok... These was/is our sickness

ME

1.  2016 - The whole year I suffered from severe spasm - whole body very, very stiff and my head became very weak and couldn't lift up. Unable to do anything, couldn't even my computer work. My muscle pulled severely until i'm unable to move my limbs completely. Needed my family members' in help to take my daily things. Very difficult in breathing. Most of the time lye in bed. Very frustrating and  had very terrible time. Couldn't go out anywhere except to hospital only.

-  Enter emergency 3 -4 times that year. The doctors' kept checking blood and everything came out         positive. We kept on searching GH doctor's (neuro) for help. They kept adding the dosage of medicine, yet it didn't help.

-  Enter GH neuro ward (3 days 2 nights) for more tests .. 3 terrible day in the ward. The doctors' only could increase the dosage of my medicine.


In 2017

-   Had blur vision for more than 6 months and bed bugs bites 6 red swollen boils on my body limbs



Julie also suffered a lot from many sickness one after another.


2015-2016

1.  She suffered from severe spasm.  Entered emergency many times even in middle of the night but the doctors' couldn't do anything. She was warded in the neuro ward 3-4 in 2015-2016.

After things got slightly better :   Another sickness came along

2.  She had stomach problem - where she eat anything she vomited. Her stomach couldn't consume anything. Janice (my sister) did her best took her to stomach department. Julie also entered emergency again many times. They did many test and checked her on stomach but nothing could be done. She warded in the stomach ward for 2-3 times because they couldn't detect what was wrong with her. Overall, the doctors' suspected she had gastric because they did all the test. All went well.

Every meal she took she vomit out. Months after months all of us took care of her. She got thinner and thinner, until she left with bones.My poor Julie became so skinny! I thought God was taking her away, but Miracle Do Happen. Her vomit reduce and she could eat again. Praise the Lord !!!. We kept giving her gastric medicine. She became better and stronger again.

2017

3. Few months later -  she had another sickness!

Julie complained that of hard in breathing mostly at night. We didn't know what it was. Until one night, she had very hard breathing. Here we go again to the emergency. The doctors' checked her and found out there are virus in he lungs. So they send her to ward a complete treatment. She stayed there for 3-4 days. I went there everyday to company and talk to her.. Luckily, the virus wasn't that serious. After few days of tests and check. She could go home. The doctor gave her antibiotic to continue at home. Praise God we could bring her home.

2017

4.  We thought everything was well but months later - another sickness occur!

She had blur vision like I had describe in my last story. But her blur vision was worst than mine. Months after months, her blur vision made her unable to see monthly in the evening to night. Throughout the day, she couldn't see much. She went to emergency many times too. The doctors' check and tested her, but came out positive and sent home.

The most severe times was, she couldn't see at all. It was very difficult and frustrating time for her. Because she couldn't see TV/video enjoyed. The last resort was send her emergency and enter the neuro ward together with me.We had a room to ourselves.

In that afternoon, I entered the ward first. Due to a lot of patients, the nurses place me in a individual room. Later that evening, Julie was pushed into the ward. The next morning, Janice (my sister) requested the nurses to place Julie together with me in my room. I could take care of in case of anything she in need. Luckily, the nurses granted our request. In that afternoon, they pushed Julie in my room.


The doctors' did  many tests for us include a very painful test for Julie. They wanted to do it for as well but I couldn't do it as it was "real nightmare" for me. I did  once when was a child.

The test came out negative. The doctors' couldn't anything much for us and we were discharged after a week. It was a terrible staying in the ward, even though we had a room to ourselves.What a relief to go home!

2017 -2018

5. After few months later, another sickness came along !!!


This time Julie had terrible bladder problem. She had difficulty in urinate. In November 2017, one whole day and night she was unable to urinate. She started complain of stomach pain. The whole evening and night screaming in pain. We didn't really know what to do. as she was in terrible pain, until middle of the night and her stomach blotted up. We called Janice and bring her to GH emergency.

The doctor let her wear tube bag so she can urine through it. It was not easy to wear it as every 10 days must go to GH to change the tube. It could get virus if she didn't change tube. A lot of time due to bladder virus, unable to urine due to the tube bag block. Many times she screamed in pain and had to rushed to emergency. Sometimes a month we took her to emergency 3-4 times. 

Over the months,Julie kept complained of stomach pain. Since we don't the cause of Julie's stomach pain, we kept taking her to GH to checked this and that. The general doctors' wrote a letter for Julie to go to Urology department. Within those months, my family were very busy bring her in and out the hospital for tests.

Slowly her stomach pain reduced. Julie wanted to take off the tube bag as she felt very uncomfortable. At last in middle of March 2018, they took her tube bag. She was very relief and happy. It took more than 6 months for Julie recover completely. 


2018

6.  Few months after Julie's bladder problem, another sickness occur!!!

Middle of last month, she got bed bugs bite on on left leg near her knee. It started with a small dot. She felt some slight pain. Within days, it grew bigger and bigger and became a boil.It was very red and painful We brought her to GH clinic where to doctor check her, but didn't give medicine to eat. She kept complaining and screaming of pain. She couldn't sleep throughout the night. My mum who took of her also couldn't sleep. The next morning, we took her emergency as it was weekend.

She spent half day there with our maid. Again, the doctors' tested her and it was all positive. She came  home in the evening with antibiotic and few others' medicine. She took for 5 days of antibiotic, but the boil was still swollen with pulse. Janice took Julie again to GH clinic and the doctor said there's a big bug bite her. The doctor continue give her the same antibiotic and other medicine. After she took for a week, her boil still swollen and didn't even get better.

Because Julie's was in severe pain, Janice took her to the clinic again (the 4th time). This time the doctor x-ray her and wrote a letter for her to go Orthopiedic Department. The clinic doctor says mostly they need to operate her. It's nearly a month since her boil started.


All these sickness happen within these 4 years. It has been a tough and rough time for our family. I really thank GOD a family who go through the suffering with us. Giving them the love, care and specially patient carrying for us.. THANK YOU GOD!!!

             



No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...