Friday, May 18, 2018

Online business



I saw so many sellers' selling their products on 11street online. After seeing it, I tried my luck on being a seller too as I need more income. I thought on what to sell and there was a column sell "used" items. Janice had a great idea for me to sell "Preloved items", all in good and new condition.

End of 2015, I started register as a seller in 11street marketplace. It took 2 months for them to approved me as a seller. I was happy when they approved me. Janice spent her time helping me by giving me some of her children and her good clothes to me. She helped to take photos of the clothes, but it didn't turned out well. Weeks later, Janice bought me a mannequin. I asked a relative of mine if she or her friends' had preloved good clothes. Praise the Lord! within weeks she brought 2 big packets' of nice and lovely clothes. From there, I started my online business, beginning of 2016!

It wasn't easy at first, as I don't know how to set up my "shop". I kept emailing asking 11street staff for help and advice. They were great help to me. I had to take picture of clothes, and my mum was a great help to me as she helped to me by measuring the clothes. Janice helped me too by taking pictures for me, as some pants, shorts or skirts had to taken on the floor.

From January to March 2016, I had 1-2 buyers. I felt slightly disappointed and discouraged, but I didn't give up. I kept praying to God to send buyers to my shop. God was good!! HE slowly sent more buyers to my shop to buy my items . I saw the movement of my sales as months passed. Some buyers who bought my item, came back again to buy more items. Some bought more than 1 item, as I stated on my listing can purchase "bundle postage" The more you buy, you save postage.

During that time, one of my cousin was moving house. Janice asked her anything she doesn't want, can give them to me. She said she has a lot she doesn't want. Wow!!! I was so happy. She took photos and show us the boxes of clothes and other things she doesn't want anymore. We were so, so happy!!!

That was the best time she gave us so many boxes of her used clothes, but all in good condition. They were all branded and nice looking too.

How did I sent my items to my buyers?  At the start, Janice posted the items for by going to the post office. Since she was busy with work and also helped me to post my items. I try to find online if there's a way to send parcel. With GOD's help, I found a online company called "Easy Parcel" where they make it easy for buyers and senders to send parcels.

Easy Parcel is a company in charged of courier service. To make buyer and seller easy, they are able to book few courier service to pickup the parcel from our house and send it to the buyers place. Easy and convenient!!! I was so glad I found Easy Parcel online. It make things very easy for me.


In middle of 2016, my cousin recommend me to another online marketplace called Carousell. Later I also sell in MUDAH -another marketplace too. This place a lot of people sell their preloved/new items. I started to sell my items there too. I sell my items in 2-3 marketplace.

More of our relatives and friends knew about my business, they gave good items which they didn't want anything. I even told our church friends and they gave me more items. I thank GOD for that and for sending more buyers to my shop.

I'm happy I manage to sell my items for 3 years now (till today).Though my sales went/goes up and down months after months. I thank GOD even though I was struggling with my spasm and other sickness, I was still able to kept my business going. I thank God for my mum and Janice who helped me with it. I kept learning from other sellers as months and years past. 

Since young I always wanted office/computer work. I dislike working as a seller or concerning business because I wasn't good in counting. I also wasn't good in talking to people (buyers). Some of my disabled friends was/are in business (by selling things outside in the marketplace, but it didn't interest me.

God's plan is NOT my plan. As I kept searching a job and I failed, God gave me a job - online business which I never thought before. 

I thank GOD for leading me towards the right path.







No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...