Monday, May 21, 2018

Nurse in the house


Everyone in my house are on medication. Mum is taking high blood pressure medicine and put eye drop morning and night to protect her eye nerve. Julie and myself are taking fits and spasm medicine every morning, noon and night. There are a many type of medicine both of us are taking. Julie is taking around 8-9 types and my myself is taking 4-5 types.

Someone has to be in charge of all these medicine in the house  Who is that someone? It's ME, the nurse in the house! Everyday I have to take care of 3 person medicine (including me).

The three of us gets our medicine from GH as it's free for disabled with card and for elderly people too.

For mum, I arranged 5 days medicine in a small box for her to take everyday. I have to remind  her every morning  and night to  take  her medicine . It's may sound bossy, but  I have take care  of her as her memory is not very good this recently years. Thank God, she is happy with me reminding with her medicine

I also have to remind her to put eye drop morning and night. This is to prevent her vision from getting worst. As this recent years, my mum is using one left eye to see things. Her right eye is unable to see  due to carry Julie together with my dad. That time my dad was sickly. Both of them carried Julie and the strain on mum's eye. Days later she complain of her eye pain. Janice took her for eye checkup. the doctors' found out her eye vein burst and blood flowed out internally. Mum didn't panic or complain anything. She accepted it with a good nature. Now, even only with one eye, she doing her daily things as normal. We need to take care of her one eye. 


I take charge of Julie daily medicine too. She take 8-9 types of medicine for her spasm and fits. Everyday I fill up her medicine in a small box. She takes it 4 times a day. Our maid will feed her medicine after each meal.

Everyday, I, myself will fill up my small medicine too.  I have take at the right time, once a while if I delay. My body (nerves) will feel uneasy, so I need to take it before my spasm attack me.

If we don't take our medicine daily, I feel very worried that something will happen to us. So I have to care of them and myself too. Sometimes, if I go for holidays, I will make sure I prepare all medicine for that few days. If I enter hospital ward, Janice take care of Julie medicine, if she wasn't sure, she would ask me.

I don't get bored of filling up medicine everyday or calling mum to take her medicine or put her eye drop. This is duty to take care of them. I'm happy that I can do something to help them.




                                                     Me and Julie's medicine

No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...