Sunday, May 27, 2018

Spinal surgery

All my entire life, my parents had done all his best to cared for me and Julie. In good and bad times they sacrificed to care for us. They loved us both despite our severe disabilities. We had a difficult time during childhood days as we were very sickly, yet took really good care of us with great love.

When I had my spinal operation in 1990, my dad drove all the way to Kuala Lumpur. That time the journey took 7 hours from Penang to KL. We had to stopped and spent a night in Ipoh (an grandaunt's house) before continue our journey to KL the next morning. Julie was younger then, we brought her along as no one to care for her at home. It wasn't an easy at all during our time in KL. Mum had to care for me while I was in the hospital and dad cared for Julie in an aunt's house. We stayed in an aunt's house for a month during my surgery

During that month, Julie was very sick, she couldn't eat any solid food at all.  She had to be spoon fed as she was unable to swallow. It took up to an hour to feed her. THANK GOD dad patiently fed her milk and egg only everyday.

The surgery went smoothly and mum waited for me till I came out. As I knew, the surgery took up till 7 hours (insert a rot into my spine so I could able to sit up). They inserted 6 bags of blood for me. When I came out from surgery, I was wheeled to ICU and as I was on tubes and lot of needles all over my body limbs. I was in ICU for 2 days. Many doctors came to checked me if I could move my limbs.

Mum cared for me during hard time after my surgery. GOD was really good to us as HE sent a helper to relief mum during daytime. She is my aunt living in KL then,. She  relieved mum during daytime as stayed with me and mum went back to relieve and did the daily chores in our aunt house. She came  back in the evening to cared for me.

After a month in the hospital ward I was discharged, but we made many trips to KL as I needed to had my checkup. I believe we went to and fro for 5 years.

I really THANK GOD for my parents who loved me so much that they sacrificed to bring me for this surgery despite the difficulties. If not for this surgery, I will not be sitting up today writing this post.




No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...