Thursday, October 27, 2005

Sight-seeing at the nearby town

When we arrived we were introduced to Mr. Noguchi (one of Mr. Sasaki’s members), he was our tour guide for that next 2 days. He was in his late 40’s, a kind and friendly man. At that time, I realized that the Thai group consisted of 4 persons – an 8 year old disabled boy on a wheelchair. He was a very cute boy. Together with him was his dad, a lady social worker and another lady translator. Mr. Noguchi helped us to check into the rooms but to my surprise we could not check in until 3pm!

At that time it was around 11.30am, I could not believe we had to wait for another 4 hours before checking into our rooms. “I have plan when we arrived at YMCA Hotel I could straight check into our room and jumped in bed as that morning I was very tired and sleepy”. But everything changes. Since we could not check into rooms Mr. Noguchi took us for a tour around the nearby town. Even though, it was small town, the place was big. At first, I didn’t know where we were heading as we kept walking and walking until later I knew they were taking us to see the town.

There were many houses along the town, but not many people though. We saw few people walking on the road. I admired the road because it was very clean and it was level with no bumps anywhere. It was so cooling and breeze that morning. The air was really fresh. After a distant, we saw a public phone booth. Mum made a call home but could not get through so we had to try again later. We walked to the town and there I saw a lot Japanese men and women all wearing working suits walking to work. There were not many cars, but many people walking on the roads and cycling along the side path.

As it was already lunch time, we search for an eating place and found a fast food restaurant. I didn’t know how to eat their Japanese food, but luckily there were western food too. I didn’t want to spoil my appetite, so I choose western food but mum went for the Japanese dish instead as she wanted to try their food. After tasting it, she didn’t like it at all as there was some smell in it. Luckily I didn’t choose Japanese food, or else it would spoil my appetite. I had to pass half of my food to mum as I could not finish. Everyone was enjoying their lunch and chit-chatting away. I tried to make friend with the disabled boy –Non (it was short form for his full name). All Thai people have long names. I talked to him, so were others’. He could talk, but very slow as he is a Cerebral Palsy.

To be cotinue...

No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...