Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Japan here I come!




At Changi Airport - Singapore

We arrived at Changi Airport (Singapore) around 7.15pm. I was the last person to get down together with mum and Ai Na as they needed to bring me with their small wheelchair. It was uncomfortable sitting on it as it was too small for me, but luckily it was only a short period of time before I transfered back to my own wheelchair.

After getting out from the plane we had a long walk and that was when I was so amazed to see such a big and huge airport. The airport assistant helped by pushing me until a waiting place and left us there. He asked us to wait at the same place for another assistant to assist us to the plane later that evening. There was very big shopping complex inside the airport where they sell practice everything. It was like shopping mall cum rest place for all the foreigners while waiting to board their plane. We walked a distant before we searched for a café where we could rest and have our dinner.

The airport had 4 levels highs, we went to the 2nd floor as we saw a on the board. Just after coming out from the lift, we saw drinking water for the public. It was great that they design one for able body and beside it for the disabled. Then we found the café where there were not many people, only some locals and tourists. We got ourselves a table and had our dinner. All the food there was very expensive. Though, we had 4 hours at the airport before embarking the plane to Japan. 4 hours seems to be quite long, but when we were there the period of time went very fast.

After dinner we went for a walk round to see the shopping mall. We only went for a short distant when mum made 2 phone calls to my cousin and another aunt of mine. After her calls, I needed to do my toileting. When I see the disabled rest room was so big, and clean, I felt so happy and relief. I had the chance to rest on the floor for about 10mins as mum brought a mat for me. This is my 1st experience resting in a rest room floor. We could never find any big and clean toilet like that in Penang.

Our plane to Narita, Tokyo was at 11pm and we embarked on it about 10.40pm as I was the 1st person to get into the plane together with Mum and Ai Na. There were many foreigners together with many other Japanese people too boarding the place that evening. The stewards and stewardess was serving everyone food and drinks when we on the plane. One Indian steward was very caring towards me as he kept asking whether I was alright and if I needed anything I can call for their help.

To be continue...

No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...