Monday, October 24, 2005

A dream became a reality




Two years ago, on this day 30th September 2003, my dream become a reality when I stepped into the heart of Tokyo, Japan. I couldn't believe until it came true. Follow my story and you see and know how much I enjoyed my time there.

30th September to 6th October 2003

At The Penang Airport In The Evening

It was really a wonderful dream when I got the chance to enter Japan for the first time together with my mum (as my helper) and another friend, Ai Na (who was our interpreter). With God grace, I was there for one week attending the “Flying Wheelchair Seminar”. Without “Suki” (my motorized wheelchair) I won’t be enjoying my time in Tokyo. I was told that the whole week schedules will be very tied.

A month before we depart, I had all sort of mix feeling. I could never imagine how wonderful God was to give me this precious opportunity to visit this beautiful country that my disabled friends had told me when they were to Osaka last year for a seminar. I never thought I would go to the extent as to go Japan as I knew my body could not stand the journey, but to God nothing is impossible. So He really made my beautiful dream came true and I don’t think I can ever forget this trip.

The real day had arrived, I was really excited but I did not show out. Janice and her 2 daughters together with my aunt Ai Chin dropped us at the airport about 4.40pm. Our friend, Ai Na arrived there a while before us. We checked in our luggage. There was still time as our plane SQ195 to Singapore was to board at 5.55pm
so we went around to see the shops.

This was the 1st time after many years I went into the airport and so many things had changed. I bought few postcards from a souveniour shop. Next to it were other shops selling many other things too. I saw many tourists hanged out at the Coffee Been. I was quite surprised that they open a branch at the airport.

About 5.30pm we said goodbye to everyone as we needed to go into the departure hall. A Malay lady and another young Chinese man came to assist me in transferring to another smaller wheelchair which can take me into the plane as I had to be the first to get in before all other passengers board the plane. I saw there were mostly business men boarding the plane that evening. Our plane took off about 6.15pm and inside there were stewards served everyone light dinner – cold sandwich and some drinks which I wasn't use to eating cold food so when I took a bit of the sandwich, I felt like throwing out.

To be continue....

No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...