Tuesday, May 26, 2020

My follow up


Tuesday, 19 May 2020


Since my last Psychiatric follows up in March, I haven't been there due to the MCO.  My appointment has to be postponed twice until today 19/5.

Earlier this week, we suggested that mum follow me together, so she can see the doctor in the Outpatient Clinic for her follow up medication. But Janice came up with another idea, as she herself follows me to GH. We took Grab car as she is unable to drive me there, due to parking difficulty.

When we reach the lobby, I was surprised to see there were so many people, like it's back to normal days but everyone's is on a face mask. Before passing through the lobby, there were a few hospital staff taking everyone's temperature. 

Before Janice push me up to the 1st floor, Psychiatric Department, we went to Orthopedic Dept to make an appointment. The past week, my fingers were having pain, as the previous visit the doctor did my trigger fingers.  There were only a few people waiting, so it was fast to have my appointment done. 

Janice wheeled me to Psychiatric Dept, there were many people as some have to stand by the side. Janice left me there as she went to see the doctor (follow up) for mum and her father in-law's medication. I waited around 15mins and my name was called to take my blood pressure.

I waited for the doctor to call me. Everyone waiting has to sit two chairs apart. Some have to stand too. Less than half an hour, an Indian lady doctor called me in. She asked me many questions about my feelings and the medication I'm taking. I told her I wasn't feeling too good and she increased the dosage for my new medication. I also told her my hand (wrists) are always numb and pain. 

Before I left, she wrote a letter for me to see the Neurologist.  When I came out, Janice was waiting for me.

After getting the letter, we went to Neurologies Department (104) to make an appointment. We went inside and there was only one nurse sitting at the desk.  She gave me an appointment date for next month.

 We went down, Janice needs to collect medication for mum. There were a lot of people queueing up to go into Pharmacy, Janice had lined up for her turn.

I waited in the lobby as I wasn't feeling too well. I had hard breathing and heavy head due to crowded people, the hot weather, and was wearing a face mask. I sat under the fan and felt slightly better. Janice took some time at the pharmacy.

When she came out, we took a Grab car and went home. I felt relief that everything was over that morning.


No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...