Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Another Step Further

Saturday, 18 April 2020


Before I started my Boccia training last year (2019), I thought of how to take a transport to the Spastic Centre.  I have no one to bring me there twice a week.

Janice and I discussed how I was to go on my own for training. We talked about me taking Grab Car to my training. I was happy she encouraged me to use public transport to be independent. I have never used Grab App on my own. Sometime when we needed to use Grab car, Janice would use her App.

When she taught me about Grab App, I found it quite hard to use. Never realize when I learned to use it myself, I found it was not difficult at all

The first time when I tried using Grab car was from GH to my apartment. I was quite afraid of booking the car, afraid of pressing the wrong button. Luckily, I managed to book the car and called the driver and lead him to where I was. I told him I was disabled in a wheelchair and asked him and asked him to help me into the car. When I arrived home, I felt relieved and that I have learned a new thing.

From that day onwards, I used Grab car to my boccia training. Booking the car can be easy after I explored the app more.  Another difficult task was, getting in and out of the car by myself with some help from the driver. I met all types of men and ladies drivers, some were kind-hearted and friends', and others' don't really know how to help a disabled person. So I teach them how to help me.

But my mum gave me a negative outlook on me taking the Grab car.  To her, I was wasting my money on taking Grab car.  Every time I come back from training, she would ask me how much I spent for the transport. As months by, she stopped nagging me when I told her I was enjoying the training and my game. 

Not only I used Grab car to Spastic Centre, sometimes I used it to GH and back home. Also to the shopping mall with my maid

In a great way when I see taking Grab car, as a learning opportunity to be independent in taking public transport. I feel happy and proud of myself as I was taking another step future. 
  






No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...