Monday, March 18, 2013

Good things about myself

Last Monday, 11/13, I went for my first counselling session in GH.  My cousellor Ms.Ng doesn't speak   English neither Hokkien, so I have to expressed myself in Malay. We talked around 1 1/2 hours. I told her all my problems - my anger, frustration, my hurt, low self esteem and a lot more. 

I told her everything happened to me in the past. She advice me to say three positive things about myself every morning. I also told her I do not have self confidence. She asked me to list down of good things about myself.

After I came back, I made a list. Never did I realize I have 24 good things about myself. I felt happy and proud that I can do so many things.

1                     I can brush teeth
2                     I can wash my face
3                                       I can scrub my body during bathing
4                                         I can feed myself
5                                         I can talk clearly
.                                           I can wheel myself
7                                         I can wear my dress
8                                        I can tie my corset when lying down
                         I can climb from my bed to my wheelchair in the afternoon
1                   I can talk/express myself in malay
1                   I can do computer work
                      I can do beautiful cross-stitch
1                     I can read story book/novel – English /Malay
1                   I can write blog
1                  I can write better English than my friends
1                                   I can walk with walker despite it’s very difficult
                      I do not give up despite all the struggles if my life
1                  I don’t give up easily / I’m brave
1                 I dare to ride Rapid bus with my maid
2                    I’m an active person / go out/ mixing with people
2                 I can detect my depression and find doctor for help
2                 I’m a good listener /  I’m patient
2                 I can write with both hands
2                 I dare to go out with friends to outstation for holidays







No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...