Friday, March 25, 2022

Grab Drivers

Thursday, 17 March 2022

Since 2019 I had met a lot of grab drivers. All with different races, most of them were men only a few of them were women. Some of them were kind enough to help me, but some didn’t want to help at all. So I had to slowly get into their car myself. Some talk to me inside the car, asking me about my disability. It was quite interesting to face these types of people.

 

 Thursday, 17 March 2022

Today, I book a grab car back home from GH after my OT exercise. I waited at the second entrance of Block A. I called and told him I was in a wheelchair, he said ok. Within 5 minutes he arrived, but couldn’t find me. He waited at another entrance (near Emergency Dept). I lead him the way to where I was. When a black car slowly arrived, I saw he was an elderly Malay man.

When he came out of his car, I ask him to push me down the ramp but he just stand at his car door. I was slightly upset but just kept quiet. Thank God there was a young Malay lady who was sitting by the side chair willing to push me down the ramp and helped me into the car. The driver only stands and watches and he keeps grumbling.

He said he can help male disabled, not females. Did I say in my heart why compare male or female? I just need some help to get into the car. Thank you, God, for the Malay lady quietly helping into the car, without saying a word.

When near to my apartment, I whatapps Janice come down quickly to help me as the driver don’t want to help me.

Most of the grab car Malay drivers would help me get into the car, only a few don’t help me so I slowly get into the car myself.

 

 

Monday, 14 Mac 22’

Last Monday after my dental from Adventist Hosp., I booked a grab car home. The driver was a Chinese hearing-impaired man (this was the second hearing impaired grab driver I have met) When I booked the car, I messaged him I’m a wheelchair user, please assist me. Within minutes he arrived, he was very helpful. He pushed me near his car seat, when I slowly get into the car, I show sign language to him to help my leg into the car and how to flow my wheelchair.

When arrived at my place, he also helped hold my arm and I transfer over my wheelchair. There was a small step before going up the apartment ramp. He pulled my wheelchair up the step and pushed me up the ramp before he leave me

No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...