Friday, December 17, 2010

My special day

My nieces Cherylene, Sherine and sister Julie

Me and my family

Me and small little cake

Friday 10th December was my special day, but it was like a normal day. I wasn’t that happy this year because I didn’t celebrate any of my friends’. Earlier on Sunday, my boyfriend took me out to celebrate with me. He gave me a simple gift that was enough for me.

On Wednesday 8 December, my family took me to lunch at Little Cottage (outside our house). Since it was a weekday, there was no buffet so we had 5 course set lunch. It was good to birthdays’ gathering. On my real day, Janice bought me some cakes and my family sang birthday song. At night there was a Christmas party in my centre. At least I could say I was happy that few hours dancing with my wheelchair and enjoyed the music.

The reason I wasn’t happy on my birthday was every year I have my good friends to celebrate with. But this year is completely different, I didn’t celebrate with any of them due to some problems arise months ago. Some of my family members and friends send me birthday messages. So my birthday was just a usual working day without any of the staff knew it.

I can say this birthday was nothing special. I thank God for one thing that He gave me another birthday this year. And I thank Him for giving me family who love and celebrate my birthday every year.

No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...