Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010

365 days has just gone by in an eclipse of an eye. Before we knew it, it the last day of 2010. I thank God this year has passed by so fast because I can say this is not a good year for me.

In February –March, I had a taste of Independent Living for one month in Kepong, Kuala Lumpur. Even though I faced a tough time there, but I felt good as I had small room to myself and good and caring disabled friends who helped me in many ways. I tried my best to fight and not o give up, but my body was too tired and gave way. Because I had a doctor appointment, I came back and I told myself I will go back there again.

Because I overstrained myself in Kuala Lumpur and also due to the new medication the doctor gave me, I was terribly sick for one and a half month. I couldn’t move my limbs neigher could I lifted up my head. My neck was so soft that my parents’ had to tie my head to head rest. It was the most frustrating and depressing time I ever felt. My spasm attacked me every night without fail and I couldn’t sleep. My parents struggled with me. No one knew the terrible time I had gone through except God. Slowly, I recovered. I thank God for helping me to pull through.

I faced another disappointment. In May there was a Boccia tournament in Kuala Lumpur. Because I was sick and couldn’t go for training, I had to let go one tournament.

I thought of going back to Kuala Lumpur, but my parents’ wouldn’t allow me as they were afraid I would overstrain myself again. That was the end of my Kuala Lumpur life. No one would never know how much I missed my life there

You would surely be wondering why I never write about my friends lately. It was because we had some problems and I got hurt in many ways. I had offended one of my friends’ feelings and she got terribly mad at me. Because of that some other problems arise between me and my other friends. I was mad and was deeply hurt that I couldn’t bring myself to talk to them. I never realize this would happen after 30 years of friendship. Until today, the hurt is still with me. No one would understand my feelings except God. I wonder will we be able to talk again like before?

Let me give you some bright side of my life. In August God gave me a job in Joblink Centre (a shelter workshop). There are altogether nearly 50 mentally challenge young adults. In the beginning I wasn’t keen to take up the job as I have no experience about mentally challenge disabled. But I told my boss I would give it a try. After working with them for few weeks, I felt they are very loveable, happy and very discipline young people.

My position is a supervisor taking care and working together with a group of them consists of five to six of them. All the work are sub-contract work from factory/companies. It’s not an easy job because I have to control, push, scold and shout at them to do their job. It’s interesting to know each of their character and attitude. It wasn’t easy to work as my spasm attacked me quite often, but I thank God I manage it through everyday. I’m happy my work give me the chance to meet more people and see the life of the mentally challenge disabled friends.

I was happy my Japan story was published in Challenges Magazine in September issue. I was also happy me and my family get to watch Air Supply live concert in PISA, Penang.

In November , I went to Melacca for Paralimpiad (boccia tournement). We stayed in University Teknologi Malaysia for a week. I didn't play that good as my body wasn't feeling well and my spasm attacked. So, what I got was only bronze medal.

What I could see that 2010 wasn’t a good year for me. Other than my work, I’m always alone in my computer room listening to music. Even though there are some peace but the loneliness was within me. Sometime I kept thinking and thinking, mostly are negative thought.

The most important is my family and my boyfriend is there for me. I’m so relief that T.L. is with me in time of my trouble, advising, comfort and encouraged me to think positive. I really thank God for them in my life.

I have no desire to make any new resolution for 2011, but will try to think positive and accept one day at the time.

This is my last post for this year. I enjoy writing and thank you for reading my stories.

Happy New Year 2011.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...