Thursday, May 13, 2010

One and a half month

I had the most terrible time of my life two months ago. It was like going to hell. I was in good condition until I got home from KL. I came back was to see a neurologist which I made appointment to see him on Wednesday 24/3/2010.

Dr. Lim was a young, kind and friendly doctor. (It was my first time seeing him). He took time to see and examining me. He also lead me to see his lady boss (Dr Bow) who know more about my sickness. Both doctors spent more than one hour with me.

Because I curious about my brain, I allowed Dr. Lim to do a CT Scan test for me. My test was due on 14/4/2010 but at last I canceled it. I asked him whether there is any medicine for my spasm and he prescribed me a nerve medicine for me

Never did I know that the medicine didn’t agree with my body. When I came home from KL, my body was slightly weak, but after taking the nerve medicine I got weaker and weaker each day. My neck was so weak that I couldn’t lift up my head and it kept dropping down. My neck muscle was very painful. I had to put a board to support my head and had to tie a cloth around my forehead.

My limbs became so weak that I couldn’t do my daily things. Worst of all, I couldn’t walk to the bathroom. Two persons have to carry me. My maid and I had to struggle in the bathroom doing my toileting and bathing. I felt very scary as I thought I couldn’t walk anymore. My maid had to do everything for me. I couldn’t even hold my hp to talk or sms. If I talked on the phone/hp, my spasm would attack me. I felt so frustrated and depressed that I break down and cried.

After I knew it was the cause of the medicine, I immediately stopped taking it

After lifting off the medicine, I had difficulty in sleeping at night because my spasm attacked me. Mum had to sleep with me to massage my limbs. I couldn’t sleep the whole night. Time goes by very slow, hour by hour. I tried to relax myself yet I could not. I couldn’t to move my limbs. I felt as if my whole body was paralyze.

Mum wasn't able tosleep too as she had to massage my limbs. She didn’t complain or scolded me yet she patiently took care of me. Later that week Dad came to sleep with me to relief mum. This lasted for more than one week.

I knew I didn’t put enough faith and trust in God. I felt so miserable that I kept questioning Him when is He healing me?. I guess it’s natural when someone is sick, he/she couldn’t concentrated in prayers. I knew very well that it was my weakness (didn’t put my faith and trust in God during my trails).


Thank God I’m back to my normal self now. I cannot exert myself, if not my spasm will attack me again. I also want to thank God for giving my parents and my maid the strength and patient to care for me during my difficult time.

No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...