Friday, May 19, 2006

A tryout

One afternoon during Chinese New Year, Annah gave me a call me saying that she me a Public Relation Office, Ms. Sally Lai in the Tanjung Bungah market asking her whether will be interested in working for their hotel as an operator. Annah told her she couldn't take the job because she has a committment with present job, so she asked me whether I'm interested in the job.

At that moment when Annah told me I wasn't excited. I felt nothing. As two months back in December I failed in getting a job Gleneagles Hospital. Annah keep persuade me to give it a try. For myself, I always love challenges.

The next day when I met Annah in the shopping mall, she gave me the contact number of Ms. Sally Lai (the PR Manager) and immediately we called her. I talk to her and she told me about the job and the working time is from 9am-5pm and my salary is RM600 and other things as well. She took down my phone number and said she will called me back in few days. I didn't take her seriously because most of the things people said I consider it as a joke. But few days later, she really called me to set a appointment date for my interview.

Mr Ong Hock Lee, the Human Resource Manager interviewed me. He gave me all the conditions about my job. Mr he seem serious in taking me as a staff. But I told him I need few days to try out the job. Since the hotel has no disabled toilet, he promise to renovated the toilet for me.

The following week, I took 2 days off and went for my training. The first day I was really frighten as whether I could cope with it. My heart beats really fast while on way to the hotel. The work was for me alright for me as they give time to learn. But the main problem was the toilet where there is no disabled toilet. So I struggled myself through that 2 days with the help of the staff.

(Ps: There are no photos)

No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...