Monday, May 29, 2006

Copthorne Hotel, here I come Pt 1.




I left Eden Handicap Service Centre since middle of March after working there for nearly 2 years. I was happy working there until I found a new job at Copthorne Orchid Hotel.

I really thought that this job was given to me by God, as I never search for it. It came to me all in a sudden. I started working there on the 20th March, as a Guest Relation Officer (GRO). I had many things to learn, on how to handle the switch board. Other than that is accepting outside calls and incoming calls too. I also have to take down messages from guests, put calls through for staff who want to make outside calls, I had to remember all the extension number to all the staff phone lines and many other things.

The first 2 weeks was really tough, not for my work, but going to the toilet, because they renovated the toilet door unitl even my small wheelchair cannot get in. But I told myself I cannot give up. Some of the staff wasn't willing to help and that I have expected! Only a kind staff Rajes who was working there for the past 20 years willing to help me to the toilet. But I couldn't depend on her all the time because her work shiff were not the same all the time.

Later, they remove the sliding door and fix it slightly inside. That way, only my small wheelchair can go in. No other wheelchairs can get it as I have tried another bigger wheelchair. It could get in but the door couldn't close. So I imagine how can other people who use wheelchair get into that toilet? When I get into the toilet, it exactly get thru and when the door is close I could hardly have space to move. Only a slight space to transfer myself over to the toilet bowl.

To be continue

No comments:

God, What Are You Doing In My Life?

Tuesday, 2 May 2022 I'm lying on my bed now thinking of my life. What is God doing in my life? I really cannot understand. I keep thin...